TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Overview: The Destination Gold Coast Content Awards (“Awards”) is conducted by the Gold Coast Tourism Corporation Ltd ABN 75-009-935-184 (trading as Destination Gold Coast) of Suite N301 Oracle North, 12 Charles Avenue, Broadbeach, Queensland, 4218, phone (07) 5592 2699, (“Promoter”). Entry into these Awards is accomplished by submitting, in accordance with these terms and conditions, digital content via our entry site HERE. The judges will award to the Content STAR Award winner a Prize of $1500 and a Gold Coast holiday package for two (2) people. Each category winner (Best Overall Content Package / Gold Coast Industry Storyteller of the Year / Gold Coast Image of the Year / Gold Coast Story of the Year / Newbie Award / Games 2018 Award) will win a prize of $500. The Newbie Award winner will also receive a mentor session with Travel Bootcamp. The finalists under each category will be shown in a gallery on this website from mid November 2018. All entrants will be invited to attend the Awards Night on Tuesday 4 December 2018. Entries to the Awards open at 12:00 pm AEST on 30 June 2018 and closes at 12:00 am AEST on Sunday 30 September 2018 (“Entry Period”). By entering the Content Awards, you agree and acknowledge that Destination Gold Coast is permitted to receive your registration data and that any personal information will be used by Destination Gold Coast solely for the promotion of the Destination Gold Coast Content Awards.
- Eligibility: The Awards are open to Entrants of all ages, backgrounds and experience levels using whatever equipment to create your content. By participating in these Awards, Entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by Destination Gold Coast, and by the decisions of Destination Gold Coast, which are final in all matters relating to the Awards; (b) to release and hold harmless Destination Gold Coast and its respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Awards, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of a Prize or participation in any Awards-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy, trespass, nuisance, misleading or deceptive conduct, passing off, infringement of intellectual property rights and merchandise delivery; and (c) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules. If Destination Gold Coast (or previously named Gold Coast Tourism Corporation) paid you (or your organisation/entity) for specific content (story, image, social, video, text, etc) then this paid content cannot enter any award category in the Destination Gold Coast Content Awards. Content that Destination Gold Coast (or Gold Coast Tourism Corporation) had no commercial arrangement around can be entered.
- To Enter: You must upload your content HERE and follow the on-screen instructions carefully. Content must have been created from 1 October 2017 to 30 August 2018 and entries should be based on the Categories outlined, information on which can be found on the Website. There is no cost to enter the Awards; however internet connection and usage rates may apply. Entrants should obtain details of such costs from their service providers. The Promoter is not and will not be liable for any such costs. Entries must be received during the Entry Period. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or for any delays or failures in any telecommunications service or equipment. Judging will be based on the content submitted and information supplied in the entry submission. Destination Gold Coast recognizes you, the author of the content, retain full ownership of the copyright in each Entry. All entrants understand that any content submitted to the awards may be used by Destination Gold Coast, for marketing and promotional purposes of You the author and the awards. You hereby grant Destination Gold Coast a non-exclusive, irrevocable license in each Entry throughout the world in all media for any use connected to the promotion of You the author and the Destination Gold Coast Content Awards event, including, but not limited to: (a) judging the awards (b) displaying the winning entries and runners up on the Destination Gold Coast Content Awards event night on 4 December 2018 and (c) inclusion within the Website, (d) inclusion within any materials promoting of the Awards. For the avoidance of doubt the “content information” does not include any personal information of You the author. Any content used by Destination Gold Coast will carry a credit line. Any failure to provide such credit line shall not be deemed to be a breach, as long as Destination Gold Coast uses its reasonable measures to rectify such failure within a reasonable period from the date of notice of such failure. Destination Gold Coast’s Content team will contact you directly if they would like to feature your submitted content via any other Destination Gold Coast owned channel.
- By entering, all entrants warrant and represent that (a) their respective Submissions are their own 100% original creations; (b) their respective Submissions do not incorporate any intellectual property from any third parties (without appropriate releases); and (c) that their submissions do not violate any rights (including any rights of privacy, trespass, nuisance, misleading and deceptive conduct, passing off, rights of publicity or copyrights) of any third parties. (d) acknowledge that where applicable these Official Rules are a consent to use adaptation and publication for purposes. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a winning online entry, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account used to participate in the Awards at the actual time of entry, will be deemed to be the entrant. The authorized account subscriber is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g. business, education, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- Prize Winners Selection/Notification: Entries will be judged from 1 October 2018. A shortlist will be selected and finalists notified by email by 6 November 2018. The finalists chosen by the judges will be announced and displayed at the Awards Event on 4 December 2018 at The Island, Surfers Paradise. The winners of each category will also be announced at the Awards Event on 4 December 2018 and announced in the Destination Gold Coast Tourism Matters newsletter and this website. When you enter the awards, your email is included in Destination Gold Coast’s mailing list and they may retain those details in order to process your inquiries, manage your entry, send you newsletters and relevant information or respond to your requests and improve the Awards. Destination Gold Coast may use your email address to communicate with you about the Awards and future opportunities and provide administrative information if needed.
- Prizes: Except as otherwise indicated, all amounts stated in these conditions are stated in Australian dollars. The Content Star Award Winner is entitled to $1500 in the form of a VISA debit card and a Gold Coast holiday package for two (2) people, one of whom must be 18 years or older. This holiday package includes two nights’ accommodation at Mantra Sierra Grand for two people and a $250 dining voucher at your choice of restaurant. Minimum total prize value: $2,210.
|Mantra Sierra Grand||2 nights’ accommodation in a one bedroom apartment for two people||– 12 months validity
– Valid only at Mantra Sierra Grand
– Not redeemable for cash
– Non-refundable and non-transferable
– Subject to availability and conditions
|– $250 Dining Voucher||– 12 months validity
– Not redeemable for cash
Destination Gold Coast does not cover any additional costs incurred by the winner including hotel room incidentals, travel insurance and any other costs incurred that are not specified within the Terms and Conditions. The Prize notification will state that the Prize has been won and will include instructions as to how the Winner may claim the Prize and establish his/her entitlement to it. The Winner must be able to prove to the Promoter’s satisfaction, that he/she satisfies the requirements of being an Entrant pursuant to condition these Terms and Conditions. The winners of the categories – Best Overall Content Package / Gold Coast Industry Storyteller of the Year / Gold Coast Image of the Year / Gold Coast Story of the Year / Newbie Award / Games 2018 Award – will each receive a $500 VISA debit card. The winner of the Newbie Award will also receive a mentoring session with Travel Bootcamp. Destination Gold Coast is not responsible for this mentoring session but will coordinate the introduction of the Newbie Award prize winner to Travel Bootcamp. This mentoring session will be comprised of three separate incidences, one with each of the three (3) Bootcamp co-founders – Lauren Bath, Georgia Rickard and Elizabeth Carlson, and comprised of either face-to-face meetings or Skype calls. Each mentoring incidence will last up to two hours. All three incidences of the mentoring package are redeemable until June 30, 2019.
- General Prize Terms: Destination Gold Coast will cover the costs of shipping of prizes for winning entries if the Entrant is not present at Awards Night on 4 December 2018 at The Island, Surfers Paradise. Upon entry into the Awards each Prize Winner (as well as all other entrants) is required to comply with any and all applicable national/federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. Destination Gold Coast shall have no responsibility or obligation to any Prize Winner or any potential Prize Winner who is unable or unavailable to accept or utilize the Prizes as described herein. No substitution or transfer of the Prizes or any portion thereof is permitted, except Destination Gold Coast, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute a prize. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any delay in delivery, or failure of safe delivery of the Prize. The prize is non-transferable.
- General Terms: Non compliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY A PRIZE WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY A PRIZE WINNER THAT WILL BRING SUCH PRIZE WINNER, DESTINATION GOLD COAST OR ITS PARTNERS INTO DISREPUTE (IN DESTINATION GOLD COAST’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH PRIZE WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A PRIZE WINNER OF THE AWARDS AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A PRIZE WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED. Destination Gold Coast is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Awards, or in the announcement of the Prize Winners. If, for any reason, the Awards is not capable of running as planned, or is disrupted or corrupted, including, without limitation, strikes, acts of war or terrorism, infection by computer virus, bugs, denial of service attack, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical or system failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Destination Gold Coast which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Awards or for any reason Destination Gold Coast deems it necessary, Destination Gold Coast reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Awards or to determine the Prize Winners in their sole discretion. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless Destination Gold Coast from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Awards, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Destination Gold Coast, and hereby acknowledge that Destination Gold Coast has neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prizes, including express warranties provided exclusively by a prize supplier that are sent along with the Prizes.
- These Destination Gold Coast Content Awards Terms and Conditions supersede the Awards Force platform Terms of Service.